Eurojam Information Evening
In August 2020 Girlguiding UK is sending a contingent of members to the European Jamboree in Poland and you can be a part of it!
The European Jamboree returns to gather young people from all over Europe in Gda?sk, Poland to celebrate Scout and Guide values, strengthen our international community and provide young people in Europe with the opportunity to meet and learn from each other.
Eurojam will be a memorable, once in lifetime experience and we are currently looking for leaders and guides/rangers aged between 14 – 18 years in July 2020 to represent not only Cheshire Forest & the North West Region but also the UK.
For more information on this exciting International Opportunity please come to the information evening on Thursday 07 February Pettypool Lodge @ 19.30 – 21.00hrs.
Please pass the invite onto any guides/rangers who are eligible to represent their county & country.
I look forward to meeting you in February
Jess, Cheshire Forest, County International Adviser
The last Eurojam was in 2005 in the United Kingdom, the European Jamboree returns to gather young people from all over Europe in Gda?sk, Poland to celebrate Scout and Guide values, strengthen our international community and provide young people in Europe with the opportunity to meet and learn from each other. The Polish Scouting and Guiding Association (Zwi?zek Harcerstwa Polskiego – ZHP) are the hosts for the Jamboree and the theme will be ‘Be the Spark’.
Education Goals for Eurojam
- Encourage Scouts and Guides to discover their potential of being changemaker
- Raise Scouts’ and Guides’ awareness of challenges for Europe and for the world, as well as of their responsibility for their local communities
- Gain knowledge on how to act as an active citizen of Europe and of the world
- Build openness to the others to live in peace
- Learn how to embrace challenges, develop self-reliance, build self-confidence and spark off the need for continuous self-improvement
- Raise awareness, develop skills and shape attitudes to achieve the goals of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development through creating a learning environment for the future young leaders of local communities
- Give an opportunity to experience the amazing adventures on the Sobieszewo campsite*More information about Eurojam is available on the website www.ej2020.org
The Jamboree will start with the Opening Ceremony on 27th July 2020 and will last until the Closing Ceremony on 6th August.
The European Jamboree venue is located on Sobieszewo Island in Gdansk, the City of Freedom, on the coast of the Baltic Sea in Northern Poland.
All Rangers aged between 14 to 18 (must have been born between 26th of July 2002 and no later than in 2006) are welcome to participate in the European Jamboree 2020.
- County Strategy
- Basic Expedition Skills
- Rainbow and Brownie Sleepover – The Queen’s Lost Her Handbag
- Badges and Skill Builders Evenings with the Army
- Pack your Guiding Bags for an Adventure with Cheshire Forest
- County Day 24th April
- Pettypool Activity Centre Recovery Strategy
- County World Thinking Day Celebration
- Cheshire Forest Training Calendar – Spring Term 2021
- Forest News – Jan 2021
- Vacancy – PR Team
- First Response Online Theory
- Janantics – Virtual Camp
- Safe Space Level 3
- SciJam 2020 – Liverpool University Scout & Guide Society
- Meet and Greet New Members County Team
- Important Information
- First Response Update
- Subscriptions 2021
- New County Challenge Badge