Girlguiding joins campaign to stamp out period poverty in the UK
Girlguiding, the UK’s leading charity for girls and young women, is joining the growing movement of period campaigners to make a positive change and end period poverty with the launch of its UK wide campaign.
The campaign calls for dedicated funding for schools, colleges and universities to provide period products and for all pupils to be taught about periods and puberty as part of the new relationships and sex education curriculum.
Inspired by Girlguiding Scotland’s Period Poverty campaign launched in September 2017, Girlguiding’s Advocate panel of young members aged 14-25 want to widen the campaign to tackle period poverty across the rest of the UK and address the stigma and shame that can be associated with periods.
- Pettypool Activity Centre Recovery Strategy
- County World Thinking Day Celebration
- Cheshire Forest Training Calendar – Spring Term 2021
- Forest News – Jan 2021
- Vacancy – PR Team
- First Response Online Theory
- Janantics – Virtual Camp
- Safe Space Level 3
- SciJam 2020 – Liverpool University Scout & Guide Society
- Meet and Greet New Members County Team
- Important Information
- First Response Update
- Subscriptions 2021
- New County Challenge Badge
- Pettypool Re-Opening
- COVID-19 Guidance
- Safe Space Trainings
- Guiding during Covid: 1st Croft Guides and Rangers
- Girlguiding webinars – virtual meetings
- Happy Easter to you all from Karen and Steph