New Programme Trainings
Are you a leader enthusiastic about our journey here in Girlguiding North West England?
Join us at one of our training days where you’ll be able to learn all about the programme which is fuelled by the invaluable input of our young members.
The new programme will provide more fun and stretching experiences, offer balance and diversity, and encourage girls to take the lead.
Our training is a perfect opportunity tolearn about the changes, how it can work for your unit, and ask any questions – allowing you to develop your skills in leading sessions under the new programme.
What’s in it for me?
- Learn about the new programme
- Network with other leaders
- Explore further opportunities and support
- Ask questions and address concerns
- A useful new programme goody bag on arrival!
Training is free, however lunch is not provided due to the nature of the timings.
There are three dates available – all of which are identical – so you only need to attend one training date. There are two spaces available per unit where you can pick a morning or afternoon session.
Any unit volunteers may attend, though it is advised that the main leader (session planner) attends. We recommend that you attend one of the slots together.
Dates and venues available:
- Sunday 16th September – Our Ladies Catholic College (Lancaster)
- Sunday 7th October – Penketh High School (Warrington)
- Saturday 10th November – Oasis Academy Media City (Salford)
Two slots available (pick only one – each are identical):
- AM session slot: 9.00am – 12.30pm
- PM session slot: 1.30pm – 5.00pm
Content of training:
New Programme Overview
- Interest Badges
- Anniversary Badges
- Skills Builders
- Theme Awards
- Section Gold Awards
- Unit Meeting Activities (UMAs)
- How these all fit together
Implementation of The New Programme
- How we can transition to the new programme
- Programme planning with girl-led guiding
- How to map girls across from the current programme
- Recording Progress
To book: Click here
- We virtually travelled everywhere!
- Royal Cheshire Show 2021
- Pettypool Opening Dates
- Chamboree 2022 Registration
- County Strategy
- Basic Expedition Skills
- Rainbow and Brownie Sleepover – The Queen’s Lost Her Handbag
- Badges and Skill Builders Evenings with the Army
- Pack your Guiding Bags for an Adventure with Cheshire Forest
- County Day 24th April
- Pettypool Activity Centre Recovery Strategy
- County World Thinking Day Celebration
- Cheshire Forest Training Calendar – Spring Term 2021
- Forest News – Jan 2021
- Vacancy – PR Team
- First Response Online Theory
- Janantics – Virtual Camp
- Safe Space Level 3
- SciJam 2020 – Liverpool University Scout & Guide Society
- Meet and Greet New Members County Team