Open Meeting – Future of Cheshire Hike
County Hike Training – Open Meeting – Thursday 6th June, 7.30 p.m. in Pettypool Lodge
For the past 26 years a programme has developed in Cheshire Forest which offered Guides and Seniors the opportunity to take part in hike training from October – March with a view to entering the annual Scout Cheshire Hike in April. This was started by Harriet Bellis and Sheila Randall with just a few girls and has grown to 50 girls taking part last year. Our county girls have all done exceptionally well in this challenging event as well as having a lot of fun, gaining lots of outdoor skills and making new friends for life, but help is now needed or the programme will be discontinued.
ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE OR WHO MIGHT BE ABLE TO OFFER A SMALL AMOUNT OF TIME is invited to come along to this meeting, to see if a larger team can be formed. ALL skills are useful: admin, accounts, walking, map reading (not necessary!), catering, first aid, running a check point, camping, lightweight cooking, helping at a base camp, being an extra adult on a walk, being an emergency contact etc. or helping out with any of these tasks……even on one occasion. All ages and experiences welcome: Seniors to Trefoilers and anyone inbetween. We are looking to share the tasks amongst a large group of helpers.
PLEASE COME ON 6TH JUNE TO FIND OUT MORE – YOU ARE NOT COMMITTING YOURSELF TO ANYTHING BY COMING ALONG!!
- We virtually travelled everywhere!
- Royal Cheshire Show 2021
- Pettypool Opening Dates
- Chamboree 2022 Registration
- County Strategy
- Basic Expedition Skills
- Rainbow and Brownie Sleepover – The Queen’s Lost Her Handbag
- Badges and Skill Builders Evenings with the Army
- Pack your Guiding Bags for an Adventure with Cheshire Forest
- County Day 24th April
- Pettypool Activity Centre Recovery Strategy
- County World Thinking Day Celebration
- Cheshire Forest Training Calendar – Spring Term 2021
- Forest News – Jan 2021
- Vacancy – PR Team
- First Response Online Theory
- Janantics – Virtual Camp
- Safe Space Level 3
- SciJam 2020 – Liverpool University Scout & Guide Society
- Meet and Greet New Members County Team