County Inspire Co-Ordinator
Outline: To communicate and consult with members of Cheshire Forest, aged 18-30, in order to identify, develop and coordinate a range of activities and opportunities for peers to access the Inspire offer and ensure their views are represented at county level.
Length of appointment: 3 years
Responsible to: Adventure and Challenge
Responsible for: Contributing to the development of Girlguiding Inspire for members aged 18-30 within Cheshire Forest.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with lead volunteers within Cheshire Forest, acting as a champion for Girlguiding Inspire.
- To research, identify and develop opportunities which highlights Girlguiding Inspire to young women in the county.
- Ensuring effective communication of the offer to members across the county and encourage participation in the range of opportunities available. This could be through social media, blogs and more.
- To work with the county team to support a network of coordinators and advisors who will empower young women to access opportunities locally.
- To consult with and gather feedback from young women in the county so that the offer reflects their views and interests.
- Developing and running a calendar of gatherings and events for Inspire members to participate in. This could be skill share nights, social gatherings, leading challenge badges and more.
- Increase the number of young women within the county who are actively engaged with the Inspire offer, through engagement, growth and retention.
Benefits to you:
- Queen’s Guide Award, Service in Guiding Module 4 Opportunity
- Duke of Edinburgh award volunteering section
- Employability Skills
- Management Experience
- Build Confidence
|Ability to lead teams||✔️|
|Ability to communicate clearly||✔️|
|Be computer literate (including email, zoom and online file sharing)||✔️|
|Able to work well in meetings||✔️|
|Able to chair meetings||✔️|
|Strong facilitation skills||✔️|
|Ability to work and engage with peers aged 18-30||✔️|
|Ability to work and engage with adult members||✔️|
|Ability to speak or present publicly||✔️|
|Ability to be persuasive||✔️|
|Ability to accept and positively respond to responsibility||✔️|
|Ability to promote County events and willingness to contribute to the shaping and delivery of County events||✔️|
|Knowledge and Experience|
|Attended County events (Chamboree, Splash Days, Father Christmas at Pettypool, etc.)||✔️|
|Current or recent experience of being in the 18-30 age group||✔️|
|Experience of designing and delivering an event or activity||✔️|
|Understanding of the Inspire offer, its structure, aims and objectives and ideas about implementation in Cheshire Forest.||✔️|
|Be self-motivated and be able to motivate others positively||✔️|
|Have time available, amongst other commitments to commit to the workload||✔️|
|Be in a position to travel within the County as required||✔️|
|A willingness to promote the agreed, viewpoints rather than perpetuate personal views||✔️|
We recognise this role is a significant commitment, we are keen to hear from people who would like to consider a job share with another person, or who requires another adaptation to fully participate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to chat about the role.