County Peer Education Co-Ordinator
Length of appointment: 3 years
Responsible to: Adventure and Challenge
Responsible for: Recruitment and support of Peer Educators in the county, and coordination of enquiries from Unit Leaders.
- Advertise and promote Peer Education to potential Peer Educators.
- Be enthusiastic and encouraging to young women taking on Peer Educator roles; give administrative and practical support as well as help with any issues.
- Ensure that there are sufficient training opportunities available, and encourage participation
- Promote local, regional, national and international opportunities available within guiding as well as externally, and encourage young members to take part.
- Raise awareness of 4 (peer education) throughout the county, to promote trainings, topics and sessions.
- Develop clear lines of communication with:
- Peer Educators, providing support and encouragement in their role as well as signposting them to resources and trainings
- Local commissioners and advisors
- Local leaders
- Support Peer Educators to provide a safe space where girls and young women can discover their full potential through all areas of the programme.
- Gather feedback on the effectiveness of sessions, monitor whether peer education is put into practice, and use the Learning to Lead resource.
Benefits to you:
- Queen’s Guide Award, Service in Guiding Module 4 Opportunity
- Duke of Edinburgh award volunteering section
- Employability Skills
- Leadership Experience
- Build Confidence
|Ability to lead and coordinate teams||✔️|
|Ability to communicate clearly||✔️|
|Be computer literate (including email, zoom and online file sharing)||✔️|
|Able to work well in meetings||✔️|
|Able to chair meetings||✔️|
|Excellent facilitation skills||✔️|
|Excellent mentoring skills||✔️|
|Ability to work and engage with people aged 14-25||✔️|
|Ability to work and engage with adult members||✔️|
|Ability to speak or present publicly||✔️|
|Ability to be persuasive||✔️|
|Ability to accept and positively respond to responsibility||✔️|
|Knowledge and Experience|
|Attended County events (Chamboree, Splash Days, Father Christmas at Pettypool, etc.)||✔️|
|Experience of the Peer Education programme||✔️|
|Desire to promote County events and willingness to contribute to the shaping of County events||✔️|
|Be self-motivated and be able to motivate others positively||✔️|
|Have time available, amongst other commitments to commit to the workload||✔️|
|Be in a position to travel within the County as required||✔️|
|A willingness to promote the agreed, viewpoints rather than perpetuate personal views||✔️|