Youth Voice Co-Ordinator
Outline: To support the young members of the county team and to coordinate the representation of young members’ opinions at the county level.
Length of appointment: 3 years
Responsible to: Adventure and Challenge
Responsible for: Ensuring that youth voice is represented at all levels in Cheshire Forest. Champion, encourage and lead the youth engagement, ensuring that aspects of events and projects are shaped by young people.
- Act as a positive role model to the members of the Youth Forum.
- Work alongside the County Team with the planning and delivery of the event in accordance with the Youth Forum views.
- Encourage participation and discussion within the Youth Forum.
- Consult and give feedback from a wider audience around the county – Attend event core team meetings to feedback to organising team leaders on the Youth Forum’s plans and ideas for an event or project.
Benefits to you:
- Queen’s Guide Award, Service in Guiding Module 4 Opportunity
- Duke of Edinburgh award volunteering section
- Employability Skills
- Management Experience
- Build Confidence
|Ability to lead teams||X|
|Ability to communicate clearly||X|
|Be computer literate (including email, zoom and online file sharing)||X|
|Able to work well in meetings||X|
|Able to chair meetings||X|
|Excellent facilitation skills||X|
|Ability to work and engage with adult members||X|
|Ability to speak or present publicly||X|
|Ability to be persuasive||X|
|Ability to accept and positively respond to responsibility||X|
|Knowledge and Experience|
|Attended county events (Chamboree, Splash Days, Father Christmas at Petty Pool, etc)||X|
|Experience of mentoring or supporting another person||X|
|Desire to promote County events and willingness to contribute to the shaping of County events||X|
|Be self-motivated and be able to motivate others positively||X|
|Have time available, amongst other commitments to commit to the workload||X|
|Be in a position to travel within the county as required||X|
|A willingness to promote the agreed viewpoints rather than perpetuate personal views||X|
We recognise this role is a significant commitment, we are keen to hear from people who would like to consider a job share with another person, or who require another adaptation to fully participate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to chat about the role.